CARPET CLEANING METHODS
Magic One Services’s expert carpet cleaners use the following Carpet Cleaning Methods:
* Hot Water Extraction / 'Steam' Cleaning
* Combination of Hot Water Extraction and Shampoo
* Absorbent Dry Compound
* In-Plant Cleaning
WHAT IS HOT WATER EXTRACTION?
Hot water extraction is sometimes referred to as 'Steam Cleaning'. Actually this is a misapplied term, because real steam is too dry and hot to clean carpet properly. Hot water extraction is recommended and used by many carpet manufacturers and professional cleaners. Because this method removes more contaminants than the other carpet cleaning methods, hot water extraction is recommended by all major carpet manufacturers.
CARPET CLEANING WITH HOT WATER EXTRACTION OR "STEAM CLEANING"
Portable or truck-mounted equipment is used to spray heated detergent solution into the carpet pile at a high pressure and immediately extracted along with the suspended soil particles. This piece of machinery may employ rotary brushes or another agitating device to work the solution into the pile and loosen soil.
Factors that affect the results of this method are:
* Operator skill
* Solution temperature
* Spray pressure
* Vacuum power
* Prespray: spraying solution some time before extracting
CARPET CLEANING WITH SHAMPOO
* In this process, a detergent solution is released onto the carpet through openings in a rotary brush, whose rotary action converts the solution into foam and works it into the carpet.
* Once dry, vacuuming removes the residue containing loose, encapsulated soil.
* Every once a while, chemicals may be added to the detergent solution to reduce odors, retard soiling, brighten colors and/or speed drying.
CARPET CLEANING WITH FOAMS
* This is a modification of 'Shampoo'.
* Foam is generally applied onto the carpet, usually from aerosol containers, and rubbed in with a dry sponge.
* Once dry, the residue containing suspended soil is simply vacuumed away.
* Since foam uses little water, there is no danger of over wetting and the connected complications.
* But due to the same reason, this method is not as effective as the "wetter" methods.
Things to keep in mind when using Shampoo, foam and dry foam:
* First loosen the dirt from the carpet fiber with the use of a brush and high foaming, sudsing soaps and detergents
* Secondly, surround the dirt particles through the use of anti re-deposition agents such as carboxy methyl cellulose, and finally to vacuum out the dried and surrounded dirt particles.
CARPET CLEANING WITH A COMBINATION OF HOT WATER EXTRACTION AND SHAMPOO
* This technique uses the Hot Water Extraction method and Shampoo.
* This method is especially effective for cleaning highly soiled carpets, with heavy oil/soil build-up.
The process has two steps:
* Shampoo using rotary brush to loosen soil
* Hot Water Extraction using water rather than detergent solution to remove shampoo
CARPET CLEANING USING BONNET CLEANING
* This is another process similar to 'Shampoo'.
* The cleaning product (sometimes mixed with carbonated water) is misted onto the carpet in the form of a spray.
* Bonnet cleaning employs an absorbent pad ('bonnet') attached to the bottom of a rotary machine that looks somewhat like a buffer for a hardwood or tile floor. Once one side of the pad gets soiled, the sides can be reversed. And when both sides get soiled, the pad can be replaced and later cleaned.
The machine has a large rotating pad that goes over the carpet in a circular motion and absorbs the soil as it is moved over the carpet. The soil attaches itself to the pad and the pad is changed often, to reduce re-soiling, and is kept lubricated with a detergent solution aimed at reducing the distortion of the pile of your carpet. This method has the advantage of drying very quickly because of the small amount of moisture used. It generally does a good job of cleaning the top 1/3 of the carpet pile that is visible to the eye. This method may be considered as an interim cleaning between more effective deep cleanings.
This method is used in the regular maintenance of commercial buildings.
CARPET CLEANING WITH ABSORBENT DRY COMPOUND
TA dry compound containing detergent solvent is sprinkled onto the carpet and worked into the pile using machines. The soil particles get encapsulated in the absorbent dry compound and are removed by vacuuming. Since this method does not use any "wet" process, there is no danger of over wetting.
IN-PLANT CARPET CLEANING
This type of carpet cleaning is ideal for specialized cleaning of loose or valuable rugs. The rugs are sent through a duster which extracts soil more effectively than routine vacuuming. They are then washed and hung to dry in a controlled air environment.
Drying time may vary depending on the type as well as condition of the carpet or rug, however by using special treatment we minimize it without causing any shrinkage or other problems. We use a method that leaves carpets clean and dry within about 2 to 8 hours depending on the grade of carpeting and the air circulation in your home. With the speedy drying time carpets dry well before mold and mildew can form. Your carpets will stay cleaner longer and you’ll feel confident with our work. We also offer pet urine removal, odor removal, water damage restoration, carpet repair and reinstallation, area rug cleaning and we are always willing to give you a free in home estimate.
"Magic One Services is a full service company with outstanding customer service, reliability, and value. Whether it is our office or our home, they all come through with flying colors" - Peggy Breaux